Virtualization provides for the ability to consolidate multiple virtual guests within a single physical server, sharing the physical resources across the virtual machines. For SharePoint administrators, virtualization also allows for the flexibility to quickly provision new farm members to handle specific functions or to provide for redundancy of a specific server role—a key design advantage over physical server models.Microsoft provides an end-to-end suite of virtualization products and technologies — all tied together by a centralized management system.
Hardware Virtualization uses software to create a Virtual Machine (VM) that emulates a physical computer. This creates a separate OS environment that is logically isolated from the host server. By providing multiple VMs at once, this approach allows several operating systems to run simultaneously on a single physical machine. Rather than paying for many under-utilized server machines, each dedicated to a specific workload; server virtualization allows those workloads to be consolidated onto a smaller number of more fully-used machines.
SharePoint Products and Technologies
Microsoft Office SharePoint Products and Technologies are a set of tools that provide for robust collaboration, document management, Web content management, and enterprise search. SharePoint tools allow organizations to easily share knowledge and valuable content on an extensible, scalable enterprise platform. The latest release of SharePoint Products and Technologies includes WSS 3.0, freely available with a license of Windows Server, and MOSS 2007, a full function Enterprise Content Management and Collaboration tool.
Benefits of Virtualization in a SharePoint:
Reduced hardware costs:
Virtualization allows organizations to reduce overall physical SharePoint server count. Virtual machine isolation and resource management enable more workloads to coexist on fewer servers, which results in more efficient use of hardware resources and reduces demand overall.
Increased server utilization:
An optimized infrastructure is becoming imperative as servers sprawl and data centers reach their capacity for power and space. The problem is aggravated for companies whose servers run at very low utilization. Server utilization rates for many customers fall into the 10 to 15 percent range.
Reduced facility costs and lessened environmental impact:
By reducing server count, virtualization solutions also provide the associated benefits of lowering fixed costs including reduced power consumption, reduced cooling costs, and reduced space requirements. In turn, this reduces the overall environmental impact the server farm creates.
Improved service levels from IT organizations:
Virtualization solutions enable organizations to rapidly deploy new servers and operating environments.
Extend useful life of legacy systems:
Virtualization technology can be used to consolidate multiple physical servers onto a single server. Virtualization can also be used to re-host legacy SharePoint physical farms, especially as older generation hardware becomes more difficult and costly to maintain.
According to Microsoft “Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 enables businesses to align security and management to improve endpoint protection while greatly reducing operational costs. It builds on System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 and R3, allowing you to use your existing client management infrastructure to deploy and manage endpoint protection. Download both trials and discover their combined benefits”.
1. Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 is built on System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 and R3. Configuration Manager provides a single interface for managing and securing endpoints, reducing complexity, and improving troubleshooting and reporting insights.
2. Administrators have a central location for creating and applying all endpoint-related policies.
3. With a shared view of endpoint protection and configuration, administrators can more easily identify and remediate vulnerable computers.
4. Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 automatically detects and removes the most common endpoint security agents, dramatically lowering the time and effort needed to deploy new protection.
5. Forefront Endpoint Protection uses the Configuration Manager infrastructure for deploying and managing endpoint protection. It also eliminates the expense of purchasing and maintaining an independent security infrastructure.
6. Forefront Endpoint Protection protects against the latest malware and rootkits with low false positives.
7. Forefront Endpoint Protection detects system behavior and file reputation data to identify unknown threats
8. Forefront Endpoint Protection blocks exploitation of endpoint vulnerabilities with deep protocol analysis of network traffic.
9. Forefront Endpoint Protection keeps employees productive with low performance impact scanning.
10. Forefront Endpoint Protection helps administrators centrally manage Windows Firewall protections across the enterprise
The Zune software is the digital media hub on your PC where you play and manage your music and video collection, shop and download from the online Zune Marketplace, sync your collection to your Zune devices, and interact with others at the Zune Social. Zune software is used for instantly stream music, movies, and TV shows. Shop, explore and discover all the entertainment you can handle and the best thing is that it’s all free.You’ll need to install and use the Zune software to do all of these things.
The Zune software makes it easy and fun for you to connect, discover, and enjoy new entertainment. Get the most out of it with these features:
1).All Stuff in one place:
It acts as a Hub for all your entertainment. With zune software you can enjoy, share and manage your media at the same place.
You can stream videos to your PCs. There is no need for long time taking downloading.
With powerful music discovery tools like Smart DJ and Mixview, you'll revisit old favorites or discover new ones.
4).Powerful Discover Tool:
Zune Pass:Get unlimited access to millions of songs you can stream on your PC, Xbox 360, Windows Phone 7, or Zune HD.*
Your own personal DJ:Smart DJ is the easiest way to discover music based on your unique tastes. Let it create playlists from your own collection or Zune Marketplace.
Smart DJ is a dynamic feature that creates instant mixes based on any album, artist, or song in your collection. Save the mixes as playlists and sync them to your Zune device.
Fast, one-click play of newly added media, things recently played, and your favorite collection content. Quickplay lets you get to your favorite stuff right away.
7).Mini Player mode:
Mini Player mode reduces the Zune window to the essentials: playback controls and a view of either the video or album info.
COMPUTER REQUIREMENTS FOR ZUNE:
To get the most out of Zune, your computer should meet system requirements:
A 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor.
1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit).
Broadband Internet connection.
A wi-fi network is necessary for you to wirelessly sync your Zune to your computer.
The Zune software won't work on versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP SP3.
If the Zune software will not install on your PC and you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7.
Select an area to explore from the top of the window:
· Quickplay gives you fast access to your favorite media items, along with items you’ve recently added or played.
· Collection organizes your collections of music, videos, pictures, podcasts, and more.
· Marketplace provides access to the online store where you can shop, browse, preview, and download digital media. You can view your cart to see pending purchases.
· Social lets you find and interact with friends who have similar interests in music.
· Device or Phone shows you what is on your Zune player or Zune-enabled phone, and lets you sync content to and from your PC.
The upper-right corner of the window provides access to different features:
· Settings let you customize settings for the Zune software, devices, and your account.
· Help links to online topics to show you how to use Zune.
· Sign in to access your Zune account.
· Search for items in your collection and in Zune Marketplace.
The icons in the lower-left corner of the window provide shortcuts to different activities:
· Device: Click to view the contents of a connected Zune player or phone. Drag and drop media items from your collection onto this icon to sync those items with your device.
· Computer: Click to return to your Collection view. Drag and drop media items from your device onto this icon to sync those items with your computer.
· Playlist: Click to create and view playlists. Drag and drop songs, albums, genres, and artists to add them to a playlist.
The area at the bottom of the window shows progress and status:
· The progress bar displays details about the currently playing song, video, or podcast, or other tasks in progress. Click the Rating icon beside a song to rate it as either "I like" or "I don't like."
· The sync status bar in Device view shows the free and used space on a Zune device.
The area in the lower-right corner of the window shows what’s now playing:
· Use the playback controls to enable repeat and shuffle, pause and play items, go to the previous or next item in the list, and adjust the volume.
· Click the Now Playing icon to view the Now Playing screen
Microsoft’s definition for WebMatrix goes like this, “WebMatrix is everything you need to build Web sites using Windows. It includes IIS Developer Express (a development Web server), ASP.NET Web Pages (a Web framework), The Razor templating engine, and SQL Server Compact (an embedded database).” And it’s free.
WebMatrix is a web development tool from Microsoft that includes everything you need for website development. Start from open source web applications, built-in web templates or just start writing code yourself.
Create your website
Install WebMatric by using the Web Platform Installer.Then install free web application such as WordPress, Joomla!, DotNetNuke and Orchard.
Customize your website
WebMatrix provides all the tools features you’ll need in a single unified interface.With WebMatrix, you’re always just a click away from easily editing your files, managing your database and modifying your server settings.
Publish your website
When you’re ready, WebMatrix provides a no-hassle way to show the world your website. Just access our hosting gallery from WebMatrix and you’ll find a hosting provider that is guaranteed to run your site smoothly while also allowing you to publish directly from WebMatrix.
With WebMatrix, there seems to be all you need to build and maintain a web application. By using it, a software provider should be able to build a system cheaper and quicker, so it would be feasible even for a local grocery store to use it. Even a large corporation should easily find a benefit from using WebMatrix, without demanding a large commitment from the IT department. Whether it succeeds is entirely dependent on the quality of the final product: To succeed, the help will need to be exceptional, the example templates comprehensive, and the helpers made to fit the whole gamut of common requirements for the average site. We look forward to the completed product, but it promises well.